Tuesday 20 March 2012

Instant (Polaroid): Mac App Store - A Quick Review

I stumbled upon this cool looking app called Instant on the Mac Store. Basically it turns any photo into a polaroid for that vintage feel. I never usually buy apps, despite the £70 credit I've have! But for £2.99 (60% off for a limited time) I thought I'd give it a go.



Instant is very easy use, when loaded you're treated to a lovely image of a Polaroid camera (I set my wallpaper as an image of corkboard I found Google). All you need to do then is drag and drop the image you want, crop it and press shot. The image then slides out and starts to develop complete with sound effects, which I find to be a nice touch.



Instant then gives you the option to customise the photo with 28 different filters and add text with a choice of different hand written fonts.

When you're happy with the result hover over the bottom of the image and you can then save image or upload it directly to Flickr. All of this is very easy to do and you end up with some really nice photos.

Another nice touch I found after looking in the preferences, is that Instant will choose a random filter (this can be turned off) for each photo you develop. You can also change the speed the photo develops as well as toggling sound effects and the colour of the frame. Not a huge amount of options, but all you would really need.

If you don't have Photoshop and want something that is quick and easy to use, that can add a fun and quirky touch to your photos, then this is the app for you.


Thanks for reading, Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment